A saint isn’t made, it is born...
The Ram Krishna Ashram in Baroda is a place evolved out of foresight and pure thoughts. The historic Dilaram Bungalow, sanctified by Swami Vivekanand’s stay in 1892, was handed over by the Government of Gujarat to the Ramkrishna Mission for converting it into a benefiting memorial of Swamiji.
Swamiji spread the ultimate message of worshipping the divine in human beings. Apart from religious activities, the devotees undertake many educational, medical and welfare activities, keeping in view the message of Swami Vivekanand. A long cherished dream of numerous devotees and friends has been fulfilled.
Whenever there is a disaster like flood, drought, cyclone, earthquake etc. anywhere, the monks and volunteers of Ramakrishna Mission rush to the affected areas and start primary relief work immediately for the poor and needy sections of society, which is sometimes followed by rehabilitation work like construction of houses, schools and community centres.
The Ramkrishna ashram is located opp. Circuit house, R.C. Dutt road, Vadodara